Sunday, September 22, 2013

End of the cruise

Our last morning on the boat was a long one.  We had to be out of our rooms by 8 am and we didn't dock until 10:30.  This is how Don spent the time!

 We were one of the last groups to get off the ship as well.  Our transport was not picking us up till 1:00 so we had an hour and a half to get into town and get some lunch, because the ride back to Munich was and hour and a half.  We docked at Lindau instead of Passau because the river was so high the boat wouldn't fit under the bridge.  So we got a taxi and headed back to Passau. We had a delicious lunch at a bakery, then took the cab back to the ship.  It gave us a chance to see the newer side of Passau which was nice.  


The ride to Munich and our hotel was long, but some of us napped and it was just generally a very quiet ride.  The rest of my crew were determined to go to Oktoberfest.  I was not all that interested.  I think I was just ready to relax, especially as I will be running around London the next couple of days so I stayed put at the hotel and worked on uploading the rest of the blog posts.  The hotel has a restaurant so I was able to get a pizza and diet soda so I was a happy camper.

The Oktoberfest group got back around 8:30, tired but so happy that they went. They drank beer, at great food and bought a few souvenirs.  They also brought be back a huge pretzel in case I hadn't eaten.  Delicious.  I should have taken a picture, it was huge!!

So now I am at the airport ready to board my flight for London.  I have some other pictures I will post later from the trip. I had a fascination with doors and street signs, so I will share those later.

Auf wiedersen




No comments: