Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 5 - Syracuse to Center Harbor, NH

Odometer Reading:   57515
Starting Point:  Syracuse, NY
Destination:  Tilton, NH
Miles driven today:  363
Number of yawns from the passenger in the car (me), a lot
Nap taken by passenger, 1 very short one because God forbid I miss a photo opportunity!!
Number of state lines crossed, 3 - NY to VT to NH
Number of Quilt shop stops:  2 (Norton House, VT and Keepsake Quilting, NH)

We got an early start today so we could drive six hours to get to Keepsake Quilts in Center Harbor, NH.  The six hour drive became 7.5 hour drive with stops at Norton quilt shop in Wilmington, VT, and several stops to look in awe at the scenery.  I think Vermont wins for best fall colors.












This is one of the vistas that made us stop




We drove through some small towns, with very old buildings


There were also several of these, however no moose crossed our path


We finally made it to New Hampshire


And our destination....keepsake quilting


And finally on our drive back to Northfield to meet my friend, Caroline, we saw this...


Beautiful views, fun hanging out with my sister, who loves to give me grief about what pictures I'm taking while she is driving, and finally having dinner with a good friend who I hadn't seen in 10 years!  Another great day!

Tomorrow we head to Kennebunkport, ME, then on to Boston, MA....


























No comments: