Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Celtic Solstice continued



I am continuing to work on the steps in between getting ready for Christmas and the rest of my sometimes busy life. I'm a little stymied by the pinwheels which are part of step 3 but I am determined to figure them out. 

I did these using the magic 8 way of creating the half square triangles. It certainly was an easy way to do them quickly.   I needed 100 of the half square triangles for a later step and the rest to make 25 pinwheels. It certainly is a learning curve not only with the piecing but also making sure I am cutting accurately


These are my finished step 1. 180 of these guys were needed 

Step 4 was four patches which should have been easy but once sewn together into strips they didn't measure as they should so I'm thinking about recutting and trying again. 

Step 5 is a doozy. I hope to work on it later this week. The final reveal came out today so I'm anxious to get enough of each step done to put together the two finished blocks that make up the quilt. Wish me luck



No comments: