Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Europe 2022 - Venice - Day 12

 May 31st

Venice is amazing! The morning started with a boat ride and to Murano where we saw a glass blowing demonstration and then walked along the canal. From there it was another boat ride to the main island and a tour of the beautiful Streets where regular Venetian’s live. The tour took us to St Marks Square home of the cathedral, the Doges palace and lots of museums.
After the tour Jackie Kathy and I headed to a small cafe where we had a delicious lunch of bruschetta and pizza and enjoyed people watching.
I was in search of a yarn store so I took off on my own with instructions from our local guide but I got lost and let’s just say google doesn’t understand canals at all. I ran in to our regular guide and decided to join the group for our gondola ride. It was fun but a little scary: a little boat rocking, a bunch of larger boats went by.
After that I made one last attempt to find the yarn store but alas it was not to be. I did get to tour all kinds of areas I would never have seen. Finally with a little help I found one of the main streets and eventually found the vaporetto station and finally sat down for the short boat ride back to the hotel. (14,500 steps for the day)
Dinner this evening was at a lovely outdoor cafe, a little pasta and great location not far from our hotel.
We ended the day with a beautiful sunset and gelato.
Tomorrow Milan.

No comments: