Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday at Sisters

We had a lovely day today. We went to Camp Sherman for the Pine Needlers Quilt Show in the morning, then Katie and I headed off to Bend to look at sewing machines - on sale. We had a great time looking at things. Then on the way back we stopped at Twigs and the Stitching Post and picked out some wonderful gifts for Angie for her birthday.

Katie took some pictures at the Gee's Bend presentation last night, as well as some pictures from the Camp Sherman show today which I will put up at a later date.

Katie at Camp Sherman
Katie and I - trying to take our own picture
This was the best of the lot.

The musicians (in the background) at Camp Sherman

A few quilts from the Camp Sherman show.


Then back to Rosemary's where Katie did some sewing on her new Janome and I cut out fabric and provided support. Then it was Pizza from Papa Andreas in Sisters and now, a lovely piece of chocolate cake from the lodge.

It's been a great week and I can't believe the time is nearly over. We'll head in for breakfast at Angelina's Bakery in the morning, spend a couple of hours at the quilt show, meet up for lunch - somewhere, and then it's in the car and on the road for both Katie and I - heading in opposite directions.

Can't wait for next year.

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hi Diane! So nice of you to stop by my blog and leave a comment! And I was staying at Camp Sherman and went to their Pine Needlers quilt show, too! I swear you look familiar...maybe I saw you there ;) That was tiny, but so sweet with the Pine Nuts of husbands and all! And the Sisters Quilt Show and those Gee's Bend gals...oh they were so awesome. I took almost 500 pics and they're in my (clickable by any photo from my Sister's posts) web album. Also, links to a video about the show! If you come next year, let me know and we'll say hi in the Park with Bonnie Hunter again! Looking forward to more pics and fun from you about the show, too!