Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday - July 5th

Another lovely day. It was great to have gotten so far yesterday as I was only 40 miles from Bend with another 20 from there to Sisters. I managed to fill the morning and early afternoon with visits to BJ's and Sew Many Quilts in Bend. The once I got to Sisters I checked in at the Stitchin Post to get my tote bag and goodies for the week. The only traffic I hit was heading in to Sisters. It is just one main road through town at 20 miles per hour, but it was really slow. It allowed me to take some great pictures though.


This is one of my favorite spots, with the "flat horses" in the foreground and the mountains in the back - gorgeous!!

The mountains - lots of snow still on the tops.

Pat, Rosemary and Merry Lee - my house mates for the first part of the week.

With all that's going on in the "real" world, it is a real treat to be here, staying at Black Butte Ranch and relaxing with friends. I have class tomorrow that should be a lot of fun, then the rest of the week nothing planned but hanging out at the house and quilting. A little bit of heaven on earth!!





1 comment:

Michael Barham said...

Beautiful works... I love the stitch patterns on the red piece. Lovely stitch work!

Also, great pic of you with your daughter (Meghan?)....