Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 2 - Kentucky to Cleveland

Odometer Reading:   56708 
Starting Point:  Louisville, KY
Destination:  Cleveland, OH, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame followed by dinner with a friend at Micharl Symons "b" spot restaurant. 
Miles driven today:  384
Quilt shop stop:  1 (Quilt Beginnings, Columbus, OH)


The sky went from all this blue to the hazy photo below


And then back to blue all in the space of just a few miles


We made it to Ohio


And visited a quilt shop in Columbus that was in a beautiful area of town that reminded me of Clayton MO and the area around Forest Park.  Gorgeous old homes on big lots and lots of green space.  First photo was driving into the downtown area.  After that are some of the older houses 





Once away from the temptations of the quilt shop, we were on the road to Cleveland. The further north we drove, the prettier the fall leaves.


There were a bunch of great barns, but I was only able to catch a few.



Cleveland ahead




And our destination...


Unfortunately, my camera remained in the car, so Jackie has all the pictures except this one...


Pardon any photo of me.  I have a raging cold and am not happy with any photo taken....but we are on vacation and I need to be in a few.


We met Evie Funston at the B spot and had a delicious dinner and caught up on kids and jobs and life in general. I met Evie when we lived in Kansa.  Her husband,Eric was Rector of our church, St Francis and Assisi in the Pines.  My kids and I spent a lot of time there, me, singing in the choir; the kids in youth group and other fun things, like the nativity play ( Katie was Mary) and the short version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  It was a wonderful evening!



























No comments: