Thursday, June 2, 2022

Europe 2022 -Day 14 - travel day

 June 2nd.


Jackie and I were originally on the same fights going home, but soon after they were booked, Delta made changes, so she is heading to Paris then Atlanta and I head to JFK then Atlanta where we were supposed to meet up and get our flight to Huntsville.  Best laid plans....My flight from JFK to Atlanta was delayed by four hours.  Eventually I was able to book the 11:00 fight from Atlanta to Huntsville which due to time zones arrived at 11 pm.  Thank heavens for Lauren who came to pick me up at that ungodly hour.

For all the hassle we had leaving the US, and the delays I had coming back, neither of us lost luggage (although Jackie's was delayed by a day), flights all landed safely, so I call that a win.

I think I am done with bus trips where you are on a bus for 2500 miles over 14 days.  It's a wonderful way to see lots of places, but it also means that when it comes down to it you have maybe 3 hours in a city...not enough AND there is the packing and unpacking every other day.  I think the River Cruises have spoiled me.

Nice to have gone....good to be home

No comments: