Friday, June 15, 2012

Coming home

Well, the time has come to head home. Its been eleven wonderful days seeing beautiful scenery, attending the First International Quilt Festival of Ireland, hearing loads of traditional irish music and seeing world class dancers, eating delicious food, and meeting new people. Memories for a lifetime.



I took a class from Nicky Foley on designing from the book of kells. I left the class with a pattern i created. Now i just need to execute on it.



This is my favorite picture of the Irish countryside. I would love to do a landscape quilt using this as inspiration.



We got to see Blarney Castle. Gorgeous grounds!



I took so many pictures of streams and rivers....


And stone walls....


And 1000 year old atructures



And ocean views



And wildlife....



And ancient landscapes



Here is another i would love to make into a quilt....

Thanks for coming along on the adventure.

No comments: