Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday update

Beautiful weather today. We toured the catholic cathedral of st Nicholas and the collegiate church of st Nicholas, church of Ireland. Then headed back to campus for lunch at the pub and my class.

I took a class on designing using the book of Kells as inspiration. It was fun playing with graph paper, pencils, rulers and colored pencils and at the end of it I have a pattern for a new quilt that is mine alone. Excellent!

We are back at the hotel now and the iPad is running low on juice, so I'll add a few pictures from my class and our walk about town.

Tomorrow we head south to the Dingle peninsula.
My pattern from the class.  Can't wait to execute it in fabric
Quilt created with 57,000 1 inch squares.  It's something like 4 ft by 10 ft
One of the canals in Galway city
Quilt from the show
Teacher from my Book of Kells class with a sample of one of her quilts
Quilt from the Show
Love the zoom function on my camera 
Another canal - beautiful isn't it
Stained glass at the Catholic Cathedral
The drawing I started from for my class
more stained glass
Pedestrian shopping area in old town Galway
The river
Duck - zoom again
University of Ireland - Galway
Garden Entry
Catholic Cathedral

No comments: