Sunday, October 14, 2018

Norway - Travel Days

9/27/18

I managed to fit in a vet appointment for Gus before lovely neighbor Paula dropped me off at bart at 12:30.    Flight from San Francisco to London was OK, but so cramped.  I am honestly over coach seating.  Absolutely no room.  I could never get comfortable and really didn’t get much sleep at all.  My row mates were very nice - on their way to Italy and Greece. After I landed I heard there was a tropical storm where they were headed, so I hope their vacation wasn't ruined.

9/28/18

The flight from London to Oslo the seats were a little roomier - but still no sleep - I’m hoping I sleep better once I’m in Oslo,

I arrived in Oslo about 4:30 pm.  No Gate 1 sign when I got through customs and got my luggage.  I met up with two other people from the tour which was really nice as I wasn’t sure what we were supposed to do if no one was there.  I tried calling Gate 1 in the states, but they could not help.  Finally Chung went to information and they alerted the driver who was on his way - turns out the schools have the coming week off, so traffic was terrible in town as people headed for the mountains. It was a 45 minute ride to the hotel and we got to the hotel at 6 and met up with our tour guide, along with Jackie and Cathy and some of the group in the lobby.  Then it was upstairs to drop off my luggage and back downstairs for our welcome dinner.  I was exhausted and had hoped for to fall asleep quickly, but it took awhile.  Generally, I sleep at least a little on the plane and make the adjustment within the first day or so.  This time was difficult.  I think it may have had something to do with staying up later and hanging out with people, so it was harder to settle when we got to our room. 

No comments: