Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October 8, 2018 - Oslo to London

October 8 - Oslo to London

4 AM wake up call.  I had to be in the lobby at 4:30 for my ride to the airport.  It was nice that it was so early because there were no lines to drop off luggage and the security line was not bad at all.  I had plenty of time to find my way to my gate, grab a bite to eat and charge up my phone.  

I landed at Heathrow at 9:15 and made my way through customs (lovely agent) and got my bags.  Time for a cup of tea and a snack before Ruthie picked me up at 10:30.  From there, it was off to their house in Penn/Tyler’s green, with a stop at Watrose for some soup for lunch.  






We had such a nice visit - so lucky to have friends for whom the passage of time does not stop us from reconnecting as though it was yesterday when we last talked.  Ruthie and I did some driving around in the afternoon and Clive fixed a fabulous meal which we shared with Tom and Ed (extra treat!).  It was nice to be able to talk with the boys, who really aren’t little boys anymore at all.  Time flies.

No comments: