Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday - London - Westminster Abbey

Quick question -  isn't it time for school, shouldn't everyone be  back at work?  The streets of London were packed and the Abbey was no different.  The lines of people walking through were a little much to deal with.

  They have a phone like device that you can walk around with to hear about what you are seeing.  Somehow I didn't see that there is no flash photography and so I got a couple of pictures before I was told to put the camera away.  The first is for my church music friends




There were so many people and the rooms to the side of the altar were tiny as well.  It was a little overwhelming to think about all the history that has taken place in this building.

I was able to get a few photos in the cloister






It worked out that I was able to stay and attend Choral Evensong.  It was beautiful.  Organ and boys choir, and an amazing number of people attending - several hundred at least.  I don't have a bucket list, but if I did, this would be on it.  What a blessing.



No comments: