Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday - Thames River Cruise

One last photo of the AbbeyI


After evensong, I wasn't sure if I could use my transit card during peak times, so I walked up to the Westminster bridge to get some pictures of the Thames.  As I was taking pictures of the London Eye I noticed that the river cruises took off from there.  WIth my handy London Pass in hand, I walked to the ticket booth and was able to get the last ship from that location.  It was a short cruise down the river to the Tower of London, but the crew did a great narration (which I know I don't remember well enough to tell you what some of the photos are) and it was cool and the sun was setting and well, it just worked!!

One more of Big Ben


The London Eye - this thing moves so slow I might even be able to ride it (if I can get back there tomorrow)


Another view


I have to say that the Thames was a lot choppier than the Danube



I think this is the building they call the Gherkin

This is a brand new building - mixed use, offices, apartments, restaurants and shops


Tower Bridge

Sunset on the Thames

I caught the underground back to Paddington, had a very boring meal at Burger King (because I was too tired to go to the pub and face more crowds), headed back to the hotel and am now happily updating the blog with an excellent internet connection in my room!!  Small victories indeed.








No comments: