Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday - Kensington to the V&A

The nicest thing happened today.  As I was leaving Kensington Palace I had no clue where to go to get to the underground to get to the Victoria and Albert Museum (which I hear has a wonderful collection of textiles).  I stopped to ask a nice lady who drives one of those electric cars and takes folks with disabilities around the park.  She was talking with another driver and he said, come with me, I will take you to the gate and it's just a short walk from there to the V&A.  No charge, just to be nice.  He took me by the memorial to Prince Albert and dropped me inside the park, but just about six blocks to the museum.  There are nice people everywhere.




Once I got to the V&A I was tired and ready for a break, so I went to the cafe and got a raisin scone and clotted cream.  I paired this with a diet coke, because, ....yeah, that's who I am.  I even got a cup of ice to go with it!!  Big score!  Delicious!

From there I walked around, especially the top two floors.  So many beautiful textiles and furniture and ironwork (which I found surprisingly beautiful.












No comments: