Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday - Guildford

Today I rode with Ruthie and Edward to Guildford in Sussex where they dropped me off.  They drove on to the University just outside of the city to get Edward settled in his school flat.  Big day!!  I feel really privileged to be here with them.   While they did all the hard work, I got to roam about the high street and look at all the great shops and old buildings.  

This is the canal that runs through town.


The high street - lots of people roaming the streets in the middle of the week.


This is the arch the carriages would go through to drop off the post


Beautiful clock 


This is the quilt/yarn/craft shop I found - finally!!


After Ed was settled Ruthie came back and picked me up and we found a nice restaurant through the arch at the Posting House and had a very nice snack and fab dessert.  It was nice, as always, to have time to just sit and chat and relax!!

Back home now after a rather traffic filled ride down the M25.  Looking forward to whatever tomorrow brings.  This has been such a wonderful trip.







No comments: