Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday - a little more London

Despite the fact that this isn't the fanciest of hotels, I had a great night's sleep and woke up feeling rested and ready to go.  


These are pictures of the park between the two rows of hotels.






My goal for today was Kensington Gardens and Palace, the V&A Museum, Liberty of London and a knitting shop out a ways.  I got to three out of four before I completely ran out of steam.  I got off at Notting Hill station just because I wanted to say that I was there (not that it looked like the movie - although I didn't explore for long).  


Then I headed (in the wrong direction) looking for Kensington Palace.  When I finally realized that I was missing something and asked - she said I had a 20 minute walk to get there.  She was right and then some.  Turns out Kensington Palace Road is Embassy Row.  No photography allowed.  I walked through and finally found the Park and then walked some more to find the palace, then walked some more to find the entrance for the tour.  Finally achieved my goal after a little misdirection.  The palace was beautiful, but dark.  I took a few photos, but it doesn't do it justice at all


















No comments: