Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday - V&A to Liberty of London

I took another long walk (this time in the right direction) and finally found an underground station that took me to Oxford Circle Station.  A nice gentleman directed me to Liberty of London.  I had to go - they have a fabric line that is much touted in the quilting world.  The cost is outrageous, so I didn't buy any yardage, but did buy a very nice small scarf just so I could say I did.  I also bought knitting needles to start of Lauren's scarf with the yarn I bought in Germany.

The store is so beautiful and filled with many different kinds of things.  They do have fabric and yarn, a great Christmas store, a floor where they sell rugs that looks like it's out of a bazaar in India.  It was a little overwhelming, but fun to walk through and see things.


From there I went to a pub down the street where I grabbed some wifi, but no one approached me to get an order, so I left and went to Pret a Manger (not sure if I spelled that right) which sells freshly prepared organic food.  It was nice to sit and read and relax for a bit.  I then headed to starbucks for more wireless and an iced tea.  I decided then and there that I had had it and there was no way I was going to another shop anywhere.  So back to the hotel I went to get my bags and shortly I will be heading out to catch the train to Beaconsfield and my friends Ruthie and Clive and their boys.  I can't wait to see them!!

No comments: